Sunday, January 08, 2006

Blogging is too much effort for my frail and weary bones

I'm listening to a band called Yonderboi. The song is Road Movie. It's nice. Really nice.

This blog is what it is. It was a reason, more than a year ago now, for me to start writing again. Writing about some things I was discovering for myself: the blog (mostly) was the result of the research I did for a class I was teaching at the time.

After I finished the class, I kept the blog going - with things like letters to editors, random rants against Bush, and rips at christianity.

Lately, though, I've just been posting a link and writing a line or two.

So, while this blog achieved what it was originally designed to do, it has been something less than inspiring lately.

(Now I'm listening to Enigma)

It is with mixed feelings that I announce (to the select 2 or 3 that still read) that, for the foreseeable future, I'm going to leave this as a sort of time capsule, an anachronistic monument, to my blogging days.

I'm not shutting it down, I'm just not going to come back here for a while. If ever.

Farewell.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy said...

Nooooo! I was still reading.

What are the people going to read while they're slacking at work now? Does this mean I'm going to have to start a blog that wouldn't be nearly as good (i.e. instead of links to important environmental issues, it would be filled with movie trivia, celebrity gossip, google movies and babies)?

Boo.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Booo-uurns!

One of the last interesting sites in this void that was, at one point, considered an information superhighway.
This was the last bastion for people who like to argue.
How else am I going to learn about cloning stupid looking dogs and the plethora of enviromental issues that I would otherwise be too lazy to learn about had it not been for your blog.

I repeat; Booo-uuurns!

By the way, if or when you re-enter this country, do me a favor and check the Enigma cd at customs.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home