Saturday, April 02, 2005

Hitting "Next Blog"

Every now and again I hit the "next blog" icon at the top of this blog page. It randomly sends me to someone else's blog.

Sometimes they are interesting, and sometimes they are not. One day, I stumbled upon this person's blog.

The author and I got into a little disagreement about religion, and some of that is chronicled in the "comment" section of both our blogs.

Anyway, his comments reminded me of a something Sigmund Freud once said:

"Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires."

Is religion instinctual? Do we naturally seek to place the power of that which we do not understand in the hands of some self-created entity? I think so, anway.

(That's just an explanation for some of the weird comments on this page).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home